Wednesday, July 11, 2007

A brief non-theological statement

I am making this due to the great amount of political statements I see on some theology and Christian websites.

When you starting judging political leaders as liars, crooks, etc. etc without actually seeing the situation first hand yourself and only briefly looking into the facts (reading a few news article does not entail a great education) you are being judgmental and it is not Christ-like. If you are a Christian, quit calling politicians liars, criminals, murderers, etc., etc. You don't know the situation at all.

Disagree with policies by all means, but the vitrol, if not hate, of many bloggers is anti-Christian and it disqualifies us of any grace that God might give us. God is merciful to those who are merciful, and He does not show mercy to those who lack it for others.

So quit judging.

And yes, I am talking about the hate directed towards Bush or Cheney in American politics (but would feel the same if it was directed towards Democrats). I don't agree with a lot of their policies by any means, but I can't call them the names I have seen many call them because I quite frankly don't have all the facts and when I don't, I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Politics is not an excuse to judge people.

No comments: