Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The end of the world is coming....

2012. Thats right. The Mayans and a bunch of other dudes who I can't remember at the time, nor care to seem to indicate that. But all that left me thoroughly unconvinced. But then, I had a revelation (or maybe it was the chicken sandwich I had eaten) on a drive back home in the wee hours of Sunday morning (I was being a bad preacher staying up late and hanging out with frie.... I mean the dregs of the world needing repentance and salvation) when I heard the source of the greatest revelation ever in all the world. The show: Coast to coast. The topic, a medium who talks to the dead. In it, he says the old dead guys were talking about 2012. For some reason, the skeptic in me couldn't come alive (maybe the Spirit slayeth it) and I suddenly saw the truth (obviously, the Spirit did slayeth). Everyone sell all your possessions and go repent of all your wretchedness, the end will come in 5 more years (well.... to be precise... between 1529 and 1895 days..). So the big question I have to ask is, will we still celebrate leap year that year?

Oh. And for your foreigners, Coast to Coast is an American show and we are proud to claim it (just like we are also proud to claim that we actually got to the first knock out round in the World Cup in 2002). But fortunately for you inferior foreigners (except the British, from whom came John Wesley! All hail John Wesley!), it can be had online. But I can't give it to you because revelation are not to be searched for, but they are just to come to you.


And what is the point of all this mess? Nothing, other than the fact that I just wanted to shout out John Wesley's on the web (never mind that shout is audible and the web is visual) and this story was the disastrous result of said purpose. But just one more time for good measure:

All hail John Wesley! You too, NT Wright, and you also Karl Barth, and even you Rudolf Bult..... wait... probably not. I doubt Wesley would much like you.

No comments: