Friday, June 29, 2007

Confessions

To continue my rash of posting today, let me get in on the popular trend of the confession "meme," some theological and some not so much.

I confess that I don't read a lot, but instead I spend most of my time thinking and only read when I need more to think about.

I confess that I am an American, whose national past time is baseball, born and raised in the Southeast, whose past time is college football, who finds soccer (or futbol) the most appealing sport of them all.

I confess that I came into the blogging world thinking I was smart and have since realized how little I truly know.

I confess that I find the Barth obsession in the theology blogosphere bothersome even though I have not read much of Barth's work.

I confess that I am an undiagnosed and unmedicated ADHD, though it is relatively minor for me, thus I can seem sporadic in my posting.

I confess that I have a lot more "respect" for Christian Fundamentalism than the average blogger does, though I still am bothered by them.

I confess that I make many typing errors and generally do not proof read before posting.

I confess that I am not confessing everything here that I could confess.

Added confessions post-publication date:

I confess that I was kind of lazy when I first did this confession post, so I only posted a few.

I confess that I am not a fan of Reformed theology, but yet I am drawn to read about it.

I confess that I predicted the Denver Broncos were going to win Super Bowl XXXII over Green Bay, and they did.

I confess that I thought the Chicago Bears and the Seattle Seahawks were going to win the previous two Super Bowls.

I confess that before the previous two Super Bowls, I was actually 7 of 8 for predicting the winners (hey, I had to pick my Titans to win in 2000).

I confess that my favorite music is of the Christian Rock genre and not the classical genre like that of many of the theobloggers (I am still young and can grow up though)

I confess that I am sometimes more concerned with more basic theological topics, like predestination, eternal security, etc. etc. than with the more sophisticated ones.

I confess that I have an almost deep seething hatred for any doctrine that can be placed under the banner of "Eternal Security."

I confess that my favorite international soccer player is Michael Owen, purely because we have the same name (Owen) and I bought his jersey when I went over Europe the summer after my 11th grade year.

I confess that on the other hand, I think Landon Donovan is one of the most overrated US soccer players.

I confess that I enjoyed this probably a bit too much and strayed from whats it original purpose was.

I confess that I will probably add to this page again in the future.

1 comment:

Chris Tilling said...

"I confess that my favorite music is of the Christian Rock genre"

I pray for your mortal soul.