Saturday, July 7, 2007

Wanted: A place for good theological discussion

For many of the theobloggians out there, I am sure they are in an environment where they can be sharpened by other theological thinkers. Either they have developed a set of friendships or acquaintances who they can discuss things with. And a lot of others I am sure are in some sort of seminary or divinity school (or another religious education environment) where they are immersed in discussion. But then there are people like me who are not in the actual seminary environment (taking courses online next semester), nor have they developed much of a network in which to discuss things. I am essentially on an island here, which is generally not a good thing. While I read blogs or books in order to give me food for thought, it isn't the same as interacting with someone who is in turn interacting with you.

I have participated on certain message boards in the past, but they are so full of vitriol with more concern for dogmas and being only a teacher instead of giving and taking from each other that to find any edification is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

And yes, while there are the comments on blogs, they are very impersonal and are difficult to have a good discussion IMO.

So this is an open call (and a bit desperate, might I add) for people to contact me that want to actually want to discuss theology personally. I don't bite and I welcome talking to new people. Also, this is a question asking if there is a secret place where all the theobloggians go to (that would explain the Barthian themes across the blogs.... :) ). I am halfway interested in creating a Google group for theobloggers...


Also, I am busy trying to redo the design of this blog. Unfortunately, I do not have great web mastering skills anymore (used to be a whiz at it)... Either that or I am too lazy to do much on it. So, I am essentially playing around with the template and the colors. So you will see some changes. I am wanting a more simple look, but the plain black and white is too blah-ish for me. But if any of your are experts with colors, fell free to lend me a hand. Or even if you are not, you can tell me my design sucks and I'll take it into consideration. The previous design though just wasn't a good feel though.


Finally, how about this for google search to come to my blog... "would god the father strike someone down for not going into the ministry?" I feel sorry for this fellow as he is probably
going through a tough time at the moment. But I must wonder how my blog would show up for that site.

No comments: